Bahria Town is an Islamabad-based housing society founded in the late 90s and owned by a Pakistani Business tycoon Malik Riaz. It is the largest private real estate development company in Asia. Malik Riaz answered in an interview when one asked him that why he started such a colossal project. In a nutshell, he said that he wanted to contribute to society for the betterment of the society as well as the country.
In the late 90s, the first project was the establishment of the one-gated community in southern Islamabad. Basically it was developed for the elite class. On Grand Trunk Road Rawalpindi, some parts of phases 8 and 9 also started in the 90s. These accommodate the middle-class families. Nowadays, it is working also in other cities of Pakistan like Karachi, Lahore, Nawabshah, Peshawar, etc.
Bahria Town is an attractive place for the people and one of the most expensive properties of Pakistan. Its effective security system and carpeted roads attract the people to make it their own residence. Bahria Town is not only providing residence to the people, but it also owns shopping complexes, a chain of cinemas and a chain of supermarkets. Mall of Lahore is its famous shopping complex and The Mall of Islamabad is under-construction. The cinemas owned by the company are working under the brand of Cine Gold. Green Valley Hypermarket and skyscrapers are the branded supermarkets are here. The tallest tower of Pakistan named Bahria Icon Tower is also owned by the Company.
Why Bahria Town is a different Resident? :
Since its inception in 1996, Bahria Town has been altering the living standard of the people of Pakistan. If one thinks that Bahria Town is only developing houses and selling properties, he would be proved wrong. It is not just concerning the houses and properties but it developed valued and master-planned communities where families enjoying their lives. When accomplish, projects such as the JV D&B Valley, Golf City, Garden City, Bahria Icon and much more under construction will entertain more than a million citizens and will cover over 1 billion sq ft. It’s over 150,000 employees are delivering USD 5 billion of exemplary developments, driving leadership, discovering innovation and making a gift for generations to come. It is rightly saying that Bahria Town is the best mover of Pakistan’s real estate and construction sector.
It has more than 150, 000 employees. The seventh-largest mosque of the world named Grand Jamia Mosque is also constructed by the company in Bahria Town Lahore. Grand Jamia Mosque has a capacity of 80,000 worshippers; it is the third-largest mosque in Pakistan. It is also building the third largest mosque in Karachi. When it would complete, it will be the third-largest mosque of the world. The company is also constructing a Rafi Cricket Stadium in Karachi which will the largest stadium of Pakistan. The stadium has ICC’s certified design. The company has also started a contract with Hayyat (An American Company) to develop four properties with the worth of $600 million along with golf resorts.
Usually, the projects of Bahria Town are designed for the upper and high-income class. Because these elite classes need private security and do not like to see non-residents in their society. The company appropriately fulfills the need for such classes and it works like gated-towns which has strict security. Bahria Town is energy independent from the national grid. Bahria Town is the home to private schools, private hospitals, hotels, and commercial pathways. Bahria Town is also viewed by the International News Agencies. In 2011, the Los Angeles Times cited to Bahria as a ‘functional state within a non-functioning one’. Global Post claimed in 2013 that Bahria houses more than 100,000 people in zone V, Islamabad only.
Contributing to the Economy of Pakistan:
- Bahria Town provided better employment to more than 150,000 employees.
- It is also contributing nourishment to more than 1 Million families through associated employment and supply chain.
- It is constructing 2 Sheraton Hotels with USD200 million investments which is causing foreign investment in Pakistan at this dire condition.
- It elevated to the real estate industry of Pakistan due to increasing the demand for cement, paint, bricks, glass, and tiles.
- It also increased the revenue of the government because Bahria Town has paid direct and indirect taxes worth billions of rupees to the government.
Developments of Bahria Town
- Bahria Town is Asia’s largest private housing scheme which gave a boost to the development sector and real estate.
- Bahria has introduced a unique lifestyle to the nation with the colossal development projects of billions of rupees.
- It has its own project development department with the worth of Rs. 6.5 billion.
- This gated community provided a complete city to its inhabitants with all the facilities which a city has. Like:
- Grid Station
- Well Equipped Hospitals
- Top Level Schools
- Competitive Facilities
- High-Fi security
- Better Civic amenities
- Branded Utilities
- Emergency Services
- Innovative Lifestyle
- Bahria Town devoted to bridging the annual deficit of 700,000 houses by providing housing solutions starting from Rs. 3.5 Lakhs, catering to all socio-economic classes.
Welfare Projects of Bahria Town
- Bahria is running Bahria Town Dastarkhawan through which it is providing a daily two times free meal to more than 35,000 people.
- It has 3 huge Bahria Town Trust Hospitals where all the medical treatments are provided free from dialysis to open-heart surgery, bone marrow transplant to general treatments.
- It has also provided mobile dispensaries which are providing free medicines in rural areas.
- Along with its own welfare programs, Bahria Town is supporting financially to Al-Shifa Trust, Shaukat Khanum Memorial Trust, Sahara Trust, SOS Village, and many other welfare organizations on a daily basis.
- It is also running orphan houses where over 4,000 orphans are living with educational and lodging facilities.
- It also provided low-cost houses, i.e 5 marla houses of Rs. 3.5 and 5 lakhs only, to lower sect of Pakistan.
- Bahria Town is also conducted combined marriages in every year of more than 4500 couples.
- In Rawalpindi Agricultural Univesity, Bahria Town provided the micro-finance facilities to the students.
- In the education service, Bahria Town is running many schools, colleges, and institutions in various cities and villages of Pakistan, where more than 7,000 students are learning.
- Bahria Town is found always on the front row of helpers while the natural calamities and unfortunate incidents, like as in the 2005 devastating earthquake, Margalla Tower & fire at the Marriott Hotel and Ghakhar Plaza Rawalpindi.
- It also assisted with food, medical, and financial support to the internally displaced persons. At Sawabi, a Medical Camp established which has served more than 30,000 patients.